Science Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) 2020 Conferences
Friday, 25th September 2020
This is the website for the SURE 2020 conferences.
- The SURE 2019 conference sites are also available for Carlow, Dublin and Sligo.
- The SURE 2018 conference sites are also available for Athlone, Dublin and Waterford.
SURE 2020 Conferences
The SURE Network is delighted to host the Second Annual Science Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Conferences (SURE 2020) on 25th September 2020 in Cork Institute of Technology, Technological University Dublin and Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology. Students from Institutes of Technology throughout Ireland who are completing their Final Year Project in 2019-20 are invited to submit their undergraduate research work to this conference.
The aims of the conference are to:
- Provide current students with an opportunity to gain an understanding of the work which has been undertaken by recent graduates, and the career opportunities that exist for graduates in Scientific disciplines.
- Provide recent graduates with an opportunity to gain a reviewed publication based on the scientific research undertaken by them during their undergraduate studies.
- Celebrate the academic achievements of recent graduates in the scientific disciplines.
- Provide a multi-disciplinary scientific forum through which undergraduate research outputs can be disseminated to students, researchers, academic professionals and industry.
Three SURE 2020 conferences will run simultaneously in three venues around the country.Students from the following institutions will present at the conference in Cork Institute of Technology (venue details):
- Cork Institute of Technology (host institution)
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Technological University Dublin (host institution)
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (host institution)
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
Students and graduates who have recently completed an undergraduate research project (NFQ Level 8 or NFQ Level 7) in a Scientific discipline are invited to submit a 250 word abstract for an oral or poster presentation. Submissions are invited for the following, and related, disciplines:
- Analytical Science
- Biopharmaceutical Science
- Food Science
- Health Science and Nutrition
- Land Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Sport Science
Authors will be invited to make an oral presentation or a poster presentation at the conference. Oral presentations are 10 minutes in duration. A laptop and projector will be available for presenters who wish to use Microsoft PowerPoint on the day. Posters are formatted as A1 portrait or landscape. Presenters will be available for discussions about the poster during the conference.
All accepted authors will be issued with guidelines for the final version of their presentation or poster in advance of the conference.
Attendees will register with the local venue. Details of the three venues are provided below: