The SURE Network Curriculum Committee: providing proactive solutions for 2020/21 Final Year Projects (FYP’s), in response to Covid-19 laboratory restrictions – CoP sign-up 2020
In response to the recent Covid-19 crisis the SURE Network Curriculum Committee have established the SURE Network Covid-19 emergency response team (co-chaired by Dr. Therese Montgomery AIT and Dr. Julie Dunne, TuDublin), with membership from six different IoT/TU partners. Our core objective is to examine how Final Year Research projects will run effectively in the next academic year, given the probable necessity of reduced laboratory access for all students. To this end, we have identified five SURE Network Communities of Practice (CoP’s) as listed below, to support the roll out of alternative project types which address some of the issues arising, whilst still retaining the assessment of core module and programme learning outcomes. To date we have over 50 members across 7 different institutes and recruitment remains open. We will be hosting online meetings/brain-storming sessions in September, creating a platform where people can share experiences, ideas and possibly identify future collaborative partners for the 20/21 projects.
If you are interested and wish to join or take part in one or more of these CoP’s then please click here and we will be in touch.
Alternatively you can contact the chair of each CoP as listed below or simply email the co-chairs of the Covid-19 emergency response team Dr. Therese Montgomery (email@example.com) and Dr. Julie Dunne (julie.dunne@TUDublin.ie)
Communities of Practice
- Group/individual projects with shared simulated and/or real-time laboratory data sets. Dr. Eileen O’Leary, Cork Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Research based projects (qualitative/semi-quantitative). Dr. Maria Dermiki. IT Sligo. email@example.com
- Systematic review/meta-analysis. Dr. Sweta Rani Waterford IT, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended research proposal/grant application. Dr. Cathy Brougham, Athlone Institute of Technology, email@example.com
- STEM Educational projects. Dr. Carloalberto Petti, IT Carlow, Carloalberto.Petti@itcarlow.ie